Optimize Your Periscope Instance With Usage Data
As your company grows larger and more users start to access Periscope Data, knowing who is using what, and what is using up the most resources is key to keeping your Periscope instance tidy and running smoothly. That’s why we’re launching Usage Data, which lets you access and query user data in order to optimize the end-user experience.
Account metadata can be queried directly within Periscope, giving you the visibility and insight you need to keep dashboards organized, optimize queries, and better manage user permissions.
Audit, Organize, and Optimize Your Periscope Instance
With Usage Data, you can do the following:
- Review user access and adjust permissions as necessary to ensure compliance.
- See which queries have been run against the system.
- Identify unused dashboards.
- Identify charts and dashboards using outdated schema references so you can update them in the app.
- Discover which charts and dashboards are taking up the database query time and could be optimized.
- Identify your most-used dashboards so you can focus on making them more efficient.
And that’s just what’s available at launch! Over the coming months, we’ll be adding more features, including:
- Cache logs to show what tables have cached and how long it took
- Historic logins and access to Spaces for all users
- Failed login attempts and when they occurred
- Which users have moved, edited, or deleted a dashboard, chart, view, etc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add Usage Data to your account plan today!